2.26.2007

Awwww!


How cute is Roland and Amy’s potholder portrait? Potholders make good wedding gifts because they can be used both literally (on...say, a date night batch of jiffy pop) and figuratively (to prevent hot monkey love scalding incidents). It’s all good people!


These are Merri’s potholders, specially commissioned by Hoops. Merri’s school colors are included in the scheme, but I’m not sure which ones they are. Ask Hoops. She’s the color consultant and is also thinking about launching an advice column.

For those who've asked, Ducky's all better now. Got a new genuine Mini Cooper windshield installed on Friday, and it's...well, shielding as it should.

What’s Your Favorite Line?

Laurie (see hip knitting blog link) is embarking on a new movie line contest starting in March. That’s right, MARCH, so don’t think you can start any sooner. I’m serious. Anyway, that got me to thinkin’ about some of my favorite movie lines.

"There’s no crying in baseball!!" (League of Their Own)

"Thanks for the pen!" (Grosse Pointe Blank)

"Gaaaaarrrrrrr!!!" (Godzilla)


Do you have a favorite line? If so, send it to me and you could win a potholder! Names will be drawn randomly for five days or until I run out of potholders, so your odds of winning are pretty good.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Great quotes! I like, "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Oh don't forget, the contest starts in MARCH.

Anonymous said...

"Is yo' names Mamie?"
Holiday Inn, 1942
pk

Anonymous said...

"It's got raisins in it. You like raisins!"

Anonymous said...

"Yes, I'm a BFC - Bastard First Class."
- The Night They Raided Minsky's
pk

PL said...

Thanks for the lines -- Molly confirmed that the raisin quote was from "Better Off Dead" w/John Cusack.