4.10.2007

7 Down...


Lenore had treatment number seven of eight yesterday and got to talk to a very sweet older lady who was having her second IP* treatment, which Lenore is pretty sure she'll try. It helped to get a first-hand account and see what an abdomen filled with two liters of fluid looks like. Shout out to Gwoba Electra (how cool is her name?!) for sharing her experience and a peek at her belly. I made a couple of potholders while we were there; here's Abby, Lenore's wonderful chemo nurse, with hers.

*That's where they implant a soaker hose of sorts into the abdominal cavity and then administer the chemo drugs directly into the abdomen. It's even more fun than it sounds. Lynda is thinking of joining us for one of the treatments in hopes of getting a two for one deal. However I'm not sure I can fit two sloshing sisters in my Mini and still have room to drive. Plus, you know them, ever the competitive siblings, they'll be arguing over who's the most bloated and I'll have to threaten to stop the car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be certain to bring the tape measurer and get an accurate before and after the treatment measurement to see who is the most bloated. And who has to visit the bathroom the most. Although Abby said one must sit in the chair during the whole treatment (I will have to be tied to the chair). My micro bladder shuddered at the thought.

lynda said...

P - i call shotgun
L - i can get you a good deal on catheters

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Abby is experienced with catheters. Okay since you have longer legs you can have shotgun. I hope Paula can handle taking care of us both or will she need to bring in reinforcements?