6.13.2007

Think I Might Need a Bigger Basket...



Not having learned my lesson the first few times, I bid on a couple more e-bay auctions for loops...and won, so now I've got lots-o-loops. Some of them are kind of crappy, but I got some new colors (including black), and also three more looms, so now I can have potholders stretching and still work on new ones. Sweet! None of the local craft stores sell decent loops anymore (?!), so my only source is online, which kind of blows, because shipping usually costs more than the loops. (sigh) I may need to grow pot instead of tomatoes to support my art. I think I'll dye some more of the white ones next time we tie dye shirts.

Below are a few recent ones that weren't visible in the shot above. The orange and green one illustrates why it's important to use loops of approximately the same width. The orange loops were fat and woolly, while the green ones were more delicate; it resulted in kind of a lopsided Dali-esque potholder.




No comments: