
Lenore and I flew down to SC/Edisto toward the end of October to celebrate October birthdays, which included me, Tommy and Graeme. It was a relaxing visit that included bagel making, eating, shark tooth hunting, eating, watching a glorious sunset and more eating. Also spider watching, as there was a HUGE spider that took up residence near the front steps. We named him Mad Max. I don't know why. Here are a few photos from the visit.
Of course, we first had to establish that EVERYONE is now taller than I am, including Little Tommy, who I must now call Not So Little Tommy (NSLT).

Graeme, who has been taller than I since he was like, 11, is fast approaching the twice as tall mark. I do believe I can fit both of my feet into one of his shoes.

When we got there on Friday, it was raining, and it continued to rain all day and all night (a total of 5 inches I believe). It made for a good excuse to just sit around and visit, read, stare out the window and, of course, make some bagels! Lenore took most of the photos, in between making a popyseed cake with her mom.
Doesn't Lenore look like she should be on the Food Channel? Unfortunately, the heating element in the oven was on the fritz, so this cake took about 4 hours to bake. It turned out wonderfully though -- it was extremely tasty. Then again, that could have just been from lack of freezer burn. (Hey, I didn't say that, someone else did!)
Muffins were also in the making...did I mention about the eating that went on?
Mmmmm...caaaaake. Lenore hid this from Tommy 'til it was time to sing.
I made a little video of the bagel making with photos that Lenore took.
A few other scenes for your viewing pleasure...remember you can click any photo to see it larger.







Here's Mad Max. Note the hairy legs! (I don't feel so bad now.)



2 comments:
Love the picture of the white heron coming in for a landing. Did Lenore go blonde!?!
I should have credited Lenore for that photo -- I love it too. I think the light makes Lenore's hair look lighter than it is, but yes, it's blond-ish.
Post a Comment