
My new field rep, Lenore, has taken on the Indianapolis territory, hawking cookbooks and potholders wherever she goes. Actually, I think she's giving them away, but I won't know 'til I find an accountant. This is Clare modeling her Perky Potholder, cookbook and resulting Fresh Apple Cake, which reports say turned out swimmingly. This post is a fine reminder that
A. We at PP Headquarters are always happy to sample dishes made from the Pseudo Gourmet (especially desserts).
B. There are only 79 shopping days 'til Christmas, and the new and improved edition of the Pseudo Gourmet makes a lovely gift. Operators are standing by! Click here for additional shameless plugs and ordering information.
In fashion news, I did get my new glasses (frame #2 for those who were keeping track), and I hate them a lot. Well, I still like the frame, but this bifocal nonsense is for the birds. You'll recall these were high tech German engineered lenses. Well, I'm not impressed. There's way too much head movement involved in focusing, so I look like a bobble head doll -- a drunk one at that. There's really no spot in the lens that allows me to actually see clearly. Hold two glasses of water up to your face and peer through them. That's about how well I see. I'm told I will "adjust" and it will get better, but I'm not holding my breath. What sucks the most is that I can't read with them, which to me, is the whole point. I'm trying not to think of all the things I could have bought with $540.
On the medical front, my dad is STILL in the hospital waiting for...we're not sure what. After being grossly over medicated for 9 months, the doctors have finally listened and are now trying to adjust the drugs so he can function without falling asleep at the dinner table. Medicine is indeed a practice. There's talk of putting in a pacemaker/defibrillator doohickey, but dad's not thrilled with the idea. It might mean less drugs though, so it's a consideration.
Lastly, in keeping with this blog's reputation as a valuable resource, here are some links to the genius work of Tina Fey and friends.
The VP debate
The interview
The Facebook page
Actually, this debate clip is pretty good too.


1 comment:
Birds need bifocals? Even owls? The Indianapolis sales are just barely paying my travel costs, so don't bother with the accountant just yet. But I know there are more sales to be made to get the profits from red back to black. Hoosiers are a fun group of people.
Post a Comment