6.24.2009

Thunder!!

No, not the weather kind, the softball kind. But we did have a lot of the weather kind two weekends ago, and I'm happy to report that my basement stayed dry, no trees fell down, and my Basement Watchdog sump pump battery backup system worked like a charm when the power went out.

But I digress. Lenore, my dad and I took a road trip to Rockford to check out a team that wasn't the Bandits, the Rockford Thunder. We had to do this without the Rockford Grrrlz, Addi and the Wife, because they totally blew us off. Not really. :)


Like the Bandits, the Thunder has a nice new ballfield, however they do not offer Dairy Queen as a game-time concession, so that's a bit of a drawback. (It's all about the snacks!) On the plus side, they do sell beer and margaritas, which is not available at Bandits home games, since their field is located on a Baptist college campus. I wonder if they got in trouble for having those between-inning dance contests. Hmmm. Anyway, Lenore got to have a brief pre-game chat with the Thunder's pitcher in the ladies room (would that happen in men's pro sports? I think not.) and developed a subsequent girl crush. WhatEVER. Catchers are way hotter.

1 comment:

Lenore said...

I wanted a ball pitched by a gold medaled Olympian. It was NOT a crush. See I talk to everyone and now I can say I talked to an Olympian as she fixed her hair.